After every Wellow Recreation Trustee meeting, headlines from the meeting will be sent around the village – so people know what the Trustees are doing. Key things from the March meeting were:
- Rachel Kotchie and Jess Waters were co-opted to the vacant Trustee positions
- It was reported that discussions are ongoing with St Julian’s School about use of the sports facilities. They will have free use for the rest of this school year and then make a contribution (amount to be agreed) to maintenance and running costs from September onwards.
- Plans are being developed for a Multi-Sports Taster Day on the field – possibly in May
- The boules group has been organising itself, and regular sessions through the summer are planned for Wednesday’s at 6.30 with a definite social focus! The Bath boules league are keen for a Wellow team to join.
- The consultation sessions for the Pavilion design were a success – with overwhelmingly positive comments and constructive contributions. The designs have been changed in response to comments received.
- A draft budget for Wellow Recreation was agreed – subject to final discussions with the Parish Council and various interest/sports groups.
- The Sport England consultant and independent consultant are preparing reports about drainage on the field following their site visits.
- We are waiting Parish Council approval/decision on the lease. Once agreed, Wellow Recreation will assume responsibility for the facilities
- A communications plan and the website plan were discussed and the website’s launch the following week agreed.
- Two fund-raising events are being planned – a wine tasting in the village hall on April 29th (which will also include the draw for the Wimbledon tickets), and a summer Garden Safari supper – probably on June 18th.
- It was agreed that the first Wellow Recreation AGM is to be held on Thursday 30th June at the Village Hall.
Full minutes will be published on the website once they have been agreed at the next Trustee meeting.