As a charitable organisation that runs activities for under 18s, Wellow Recreation is required to have a child protection policy. The Trustees have agreed an initial policy. Details of this can be found here.
We ask all parents and guardians of children and young people who will join in activities hosted by Wellow Recreation to go to this page and read the attached documents.
This picture shows the reaction at the England training camp on Friday when they found out the Wellow Nets Project had been completed!
Yes, our cricket nets are now fully functional and a big thanks must go to Richard Waters and Mike Clarkson for making it happen and to all the benefactors who so generously funded the project. We have ended up with a fantastic facility.
So, down to business….We will be running sessions at 10am on Sunday mornings for approximately 1.5hrs and all are welcome! So whether you are an experienced hand or a complete beginner please come along and we will fit you in somehow. However, in the meantime they are there to be used so please don’t wait for a session – just go and play cricket.
It would be useful for us to understand who is likely to turn up so if you are interested please make yourself known to either Keith or Richard. We’ll then generate an email list and keep you informed on what is happening throughout the season. If the numbers grow we’ll make sure we increase the number of sessions to accommodate.
Howzat for great opportunity and chance to get together?
Wellow Recreation is pleased to announce the installation of a temporary Portaloo on the Wellow Playing Field for the ‘convenience’ of all parishioners using the Playing Field, Tennis Courts and Children’s Play Park during the summer months.
The loo will be serviced weekly by Mendip Toilet Hire (tel 0117 926 9183). Villagers are requested to notify any misuse of the loo to the vendor or to Mike Clarkson (tel. 830923)
It is intended that this is only a temporary solution and that the planned Sports Pavilion will be in place to provide permanent WC facilities by 2017.
After every Wellow Recreation Trustee meeting, headlines from the meeting will be sent around the village – so people know what the Trustees are doing. Key things from the March meeting were:
- Rachel Kotchie and Jess Waters were co-opted to the vacant Trustee positions
- It was reported that discussions are ongoing with St Julian’s School about use of the sports facilities. They will have free use for the rest of this school year and then make a contribution (amount to be agreed) to maintenance and running costs from September onwards.
- Plans are being developed for a Multi-Sports Taster Day on the field – possibly in May
- The boules group has been organising itself, and regular sessions through the summer are planned for Wednesday’s at 6.30 with a definite social focus! The Bath boules league are keen for a Wellow team to join.
- The consultation sessions for the Pavilion design were a success – with overwhelmingly positive comments and constructive contributions. The designs have been changed in response to comments received.
- A draft budget for Wellow Recreation was agreed – subject to final discussions with the Parish Council and various interest/sports groups.
- The Sport England consultant and independent consultant are preparing reports about drainage on the field following their site visits.
- We are waiting Parish Council approval/decision on the lease. Once agreed, Wellow Recreation will assume responsibility for the facilities
- A communications plan and the website plan were discussed and the website’s launch the following week agreed.
- Two fund-raising events are being planned – a wine tasting in the village hall on April 29th (which will also include the draw for the Wimbledon tickets), and a summer Garden Safari supper – probably on June 18th.
- It was agreed that the first Wellow Recreation AGM is to be held on Thursday 30th June at the Village Hall.
Full minutes will be published on the website once they have been agreed at the next Trustee meeting.
Welcome to the posts section of the Wellow Recreation website. This is a facility for us to:
- Keep you up to date with news about what is happening
- Have short articles of interest linked to the types of activities we host
- Have a dialogue with people about what we should do.
You can make a post whenever you want – or comment on a post, which will appear in the comments section below. All posts and comments are subject to a check before they go up to make sure that content is about promoting Wellow Recreation’s and is not defamatory or similar!
If you would like to write something, then why not have a word with one of the Trustees and/or just send it in.